If you want to see your kids smile and ooze with excitement then consider making this metallic slime recipe with them. Not only is slime a way to entertain your kids for hours on end, it also teaches them educational concepts, specifically science (chemistry). Slime is similar to baking in the sense that you need to make sure that you have the right ingredients and use the correct amount of these ingredients and then follow a method to achieve the perfect results. Additionally, slime allows children the opportunity to engage in some sensory play and develop fine motor skills. This is how to make metallic slime without borax.
If you want to make slime that’s shiny and glistens then what you need to make is metallic slime. Metallic slime would be perfect to make around the festive season as well as for children’s parties that would shine with a bit of sparkle!
Your kids might watch Karina Garcia. Now the can make metallic slime just like Karina Garcia. The recipe is without metallic paint and no white glue.
Metallic Slime Shopping List
• Metallic glitter (i.e. gold or silver) or metallic slime powder
• PVA Glue
• Liquid Starch
• Gold and Silver Glue (1 oz)
• Glitter (optional)
• Storage container with lid
• Measuring cup
Metallic Slime Method
1. Into a cup, add the gold and silver glue up to the halfway point.
2. Now add the PVA glue to fill the cup to the top.
3. Place the above ingredients into a bowl.
4. Take half a cup of water and add this to the glue mixture and combine all of these ingredients together.
5. If you would like to add glitter then now is the time to add it. Glitter will really help to make your slime, so be very generous with it if you are looking to make your slime shine!
6. Next add ½ cup of liquid starch to the above mixture.
7. Stir all of the above ingredients until it forms into slime.
8. Take the slime out of the bowl and use your hands to kneed in until it becomes smooth and shiny. Kneading your slime will help you to achieve the right consistency.
9. Once you’ve done this, put the metallic slime in your storage container. When stored correctly, slime will last for many weeks.
Using Slime Safely
Like we said before, making slime is like conducting a chemistry experiment and this means there are specific chemicals which are needed to make slime. Therefore, there are some points that you need to take into consideration when making slime:
– After using slime, remember to wash your hands thoroughly and wipe down any surfaces that the slime has been in contact with.
– Adult supervision is a must when dealing with the chemicals that are used to make slime.
– Wear gloves if you have sensitive skin for when you are making the slime. You could also wear gloves when playing with slime if need be.
Ultimately you need to bear in mind that making slime and playing with it is fun! However, making slime is not just about the end product, it’s also about having the opportunity of spending time with your children and sharing the experience together.
Look for our how to make metallic slime asmr video soon. You can view our other videos on our Toy Divas YouTube Channel.
Need more slime recipes that are easy? Try our Top 20 Easy Slime Recipes.