How to Make Homemade Slime – Toy Divas Episode #12
Watch your Toy Divas make slime at home and inspire you to make your own!
Slime is becoming a trendy thing to make at home. It’s really easy and we’d like to show you how.
First gather together your ingredients. You will need:
– A mixing bowl.
– A plastic utensil for mixing. Using a plastic knife or spoon might make some of the steps easier.
– A regular-sized bottle of Elmer’s white school glue. It is important that it says “non-toxic” since you will be playing with this slime.
– A can of foaming shaving cream. Gel shaving cream does not work as well. We are fans of the fruity smells!
– Warm water.
– A bottle of saline solution or contact lens solution. It is important that one of the ingredients in your contact lens solution is “boric acid.” Boric acid has a chemical reaction with the school glue and creates long chains of molecules making the slime nice and stretchy!
– Food coloring, paints or liquid watercolors.
Now that you have everything we need, let’s get started making Fluffy Slime!
Empty the entire container of white school glue into your bowl. Then add a little more warm water than the glue. You can just pour some water into your glue container to make your measurements easier. Stir the glue and water together with your plastic utensil.
Next, add approximately 3 capfuls of shaving cream and mix until they are combined. When it is ready to move on, it will look nice and fluffy, like marshmallow or frosting.
Squirt in some saline solution. Start stirring. It will start to get harder to stir, then come together as a big glob and separate from the sides of the bowl. If this isn’t happening for you, add some more saline solution and continue stirring. When it starts separating from the bowl, take it out and start kneading it like bread dough. If it is too sticky, add more saline. If it feels like it is falling apart, like it is trying to escape from your hands, just keep kneading.
When it reaches the consistency of slime, flatten it out a bit, like pizza dough. (Don’t forget to watch our Pizza Challenge Video if you’ve missed it!) Add some food coloring to the center and fold the sides over it. Keep folding and stretching until the color is completely incorporated. If your hands get a little stained, don’t worry. It will come off with one or two washes.
If it is still too sticky, you can add more saline, Borax or detergent. Just a little bit at a time. You can always add more ingredients, you can’t take them away.
Well, that’s the best way to make Fluffy Slime at home. We hope you have fun and see you next time!