How to Remove Slime From Carpets, Clothes And Hair
Kids love slime and yes, it’s great until it gets into or onto something that it shouldn’t be on! Fear not, we will let you know how to remove slime from those places it shouldn’t be. The key ingredient for cleaning is vinegar…
The best solution for removing slime out of carpets is:
- In a bucket, add 1/3 warm water and 2/3 vinegar.
- Loosen up the slime which is on the carpet with a soft brush.
- Dry the spot using a clean towel
- If you find that the slime is stubborn and won’t lift, you will need to repeat the above process.
- Once it’s dried, you will need to vacuum the area.
The best solution for removing slime out of clothes is:
- To begin with, remove as much of the slime as you can off of the clothes.
- Now fill a bucket or a sink with some warm water.
- Add vinegar on to the clothing where the slime is.
- Place the item of clothing into the warm water.
- Use the warm water to remove any slime that’s still lingering on the clothing.
- If you find that the vinegar and warm water solution is not working, you can now try add some dish soap.
- Rub the clothing together and then rinse the clothing in the warm water.
Once again vinegar is the product that you need if slime gets into your child’s hair.
- If there’s a large amount of slime in the hair, try and remove what you can first.
- Ask your child to either get in the shower or place their head over a sink.
- You will now need to wash your child’s hair using warm water and vinegar whilst being careful of the eyes.
- Be aware that it may take a few attempts to fully remove the slime from the hair.
- Once you have managed to remove most of the slime from the hair, you can use some conditioner and a comb to remove any slime that remains.
- Dry the hair and comb the hair to check that all the slime has been removed.
The best solution for removing slime off of a wall is:
- To begin with, remove any excess slime. Use a paper towel to do this if the slime is wet. If the slime has dried then you can use a butter knife or a spoon to remove the slime from the wall. Be gentle so that you don’t damage the paint or wallpaper on the wall.
- Create a paste of water and baking soda. To this paste, add some vinegar. Make sure that the consistency of the paste is thick. If its runny then you will need to add more baking soda.
- To protect the floor lay down an old towel.
- Apply the paste to the slime stain, making sure that you have some rubber gloves on.
- Leave the paste to dry. This takes around one to two hours.
- Finally, use a paper towel to brush the paste off of the wall. Your wall should now be free from a slime stain.
Try our fun 20 easy slime recipes list. Let us know how your slime making went. Have a suggestion to make the slime better, leave a comment. We love feedback from our fans.
1 thought on “How to Remove Slime From Carpets, Clothes And Hair”
Very helpful tips. Thank you