If you keep up with crafting trends, making slime is on top of the list right now. Making something gooey, icky and absolutely fun just out of usual household items is really amazing! Who knew glue and borax could be so entertaining?
However, as the slime popularity has soared, the danger caused by some ingredients like the slime activator borax has also been widely talked about.
Here, we introduce the oh-so-edible and harmless slime activator: toothpaste!
This is a step-by-step guide to making the fun slime from just toothpaste and glue.
What are you waiting for? Raid your bathroom cabinet and grab that toothpaste tube!
The amount of glue and toothpaste you should use depends entirely on how much slime you want to make.
- Get a bowl and squeeze in a dollop of toothpaste.
- Slowly mix the glue and stir with a spoon to properly incorporate the two ingredients.
- Continue mixing in glue a little at a time until the mixture does not stick to your finger anymore. This is when you know that your slime is ready!
- Always use PVA glue. This has the right proteins that combine with the slime activator to form your perfect slime.
- The glittery gel toothpaste forms a really nice slime! But the white Colgate also neatly creates slime.